Wake Forest High School Athletic Booster Club Scholarship
The Wake Forest High School Athletic Booster Club will be awarding a $1,000 scholarship to one senior female athlete and one senior male athlete. The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize the applicant’s athletic participation, dedication, sportsmanship, leadership, and character while representing Wake Forest High School athletics. Winners will be recognized during the WFHS Senior Awards Program.
- Attendance at WFHS Athletic Booster Club meetings by the coach or Parent Team Representative
- Must be a graduating senior who has participated in WFHS athletics in an interscholastic sport for at least one full season (must include senior year).
- Accepted to a recognized institution of higher learning (college, university, technical/vocational school or institute)
- Student must be in good standing and eligible for graduation.
- Financial need is not a consideration
- Funds will be paid directly to the college, university, technical/vocational school or institute.
- Due to National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules, a student who receives a full scholarship to any institution is not eligible to receive the WFHS ABC Scholarship. Full Scholarship is defined as payment in full for tuition, room, board, books, and fees.
- Completed applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before midnight April 15, 2023. Late applications will not be accepted.
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all of the below forms have been completed & submitted by the deadline.
Forms can be found HERE
- Application Form – Complete and sign, including a parent signature. Application must be completed in full and submitted by the deadline to be considered.
- Personal Statement - In 250 words or less, what would you consider your most memorable moment or experience as you reflect upon your years as a Wake Forest High School athlete?
- Coach Evaluation Form – Select one coach to complete the Coach Evaluation Form. There are 2 parts to this form, both parts must be completed. If you play multiple sports, choose only 1 coach to complete the form. The completed form should be sent by the coach to email@example.com.
- Personal Reference Evaluation Form – Select a teacher, your supervisor/manager, adult mentor, or volunteer coordinator to complete the Personal Evaluation Form. There are 2 parts to this form, both parts must be completed. The completed form should be sent by the evaluator to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Selection Committee is comprised of three adult members of the Athletic Booster Club. No WFHS coaches or adults with a family relationship to any senior at WFHS are on the Selection Committee. The selection committee will remain anonymous.
Scholarships will be awarded to the male & female applicants with the highest points. Scoring is based on the below guidelines. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
- Coach’s Evaluation (Part 1) – 50 points + Character Statement (Part 2) – 5 points: Maximum total amount of 55 points
- Personal Reference Evaluation (Part 1) – 35 points + Character Statement (Part 2) – 5 points; Maximum total amount of 40 points
- Personal Statement – 5 points
The completed application, the coach’s evaluation form, and personal reference evaluation form must be submitted by the deadline.
Applications must be completed in full. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
3/1/2023 - Scholarship opens
4/15/2023 - Applications due
4/24/2023 – 5/15/2023 - Selection committee to review applications
5/25/2023 - Winners announced @ Senior Awards Ceremony
**For any questions, please contact email@example.com.